Sunday, August 31, 2014

502 Washington Licenses, Florida Fishing Licenses

I was just talking with Don Skakie about how 502 does not have varying levels of growing licenses. This is part of the reason why they are having lines of customers wrapped around Cannabis City in Seattle being told that there is no way they are going to be able to get their cannabis. The store was open for 2 hours and they were sold out.

I told Don that it is crazy because with fishing licenses you can pay 10 bucks and catch a couple fish. I imagine a corporation that is scooping up huge amounts of fish has a different license. I thought people growing small amounts of marijuana should be able to get a similar affordable license, that is different from the license required of someone who wants to grow huge amounts.

Don said that he heard folks with food stamp cards do not need to get a fishing license. They can just use their ID and EBT card and they can fish.

I wanted to make sure this was true so I did some research that it is true, but it seems only in Florida.

Here is some of the stuff I found thanks to Google, which took me to

No fishing license required if:
  • You are a resident who is saltwater fishing from land or a structure fixed to land who has been determined eligible for the food stamp, temporary cash assistance, or Medicaid Program by the Department of Children and Families External Website(DCF). Proof of identification and a benefit issuance or program identification card issued by DCF or the Agency for Health Care Administration External Website must be on your person when fishing. A license is required when fishing from a vessel or when swimming or diving. 

I thought this would be better than what we currently have for small cannabis homegrows. It would be better than 502 if we could pay $10 for the right to have a small homegrow for a year or something. And people who need foodstamps wouldn't even have to pay $10, they could just grow. 

Of course an even better approach would be for Real Legalization's Petition I-648 to get enough signatures and enough yes votes so anyone 21 or older could grow 15 plants with no tax, fee, license, registry or permit. 

If you know anyone who cares about small cannabis homegrow in Washington state have them look at and have them send an email to

Remember if you're not one of the lucky few who paid $1,000 to be entered into a marijuana growing license lottery and won, and you get caught growing one marijuana plant in your home you will be sleeping with the fishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment